2. When does SHOPPES collect your personal information?
SHOPPES may collect personal information from you when you make a purchase on the site; communicate by mail, email, phone or text; create an account on the site; or request information from SHOPPES. SHOPPES may also automatically collect technical and user information about your devices and browsing patterns when you are interacting with the SHOPPES website. This data is collected using cookies, the server's logs, and other similar technology.
In addition to the personal data you provide, SHOPPES may collect information about you from a third party, such as a credit information agency, supervisory authority, or other publicly available database.
If you do not provide certain information when requested, SHOPPES may not be able to fulfill its obligations to you, or respond to your inquiries. In this event, SHOPPES may thus be prevented from providing you with the best possible service, as well as from fulfilling its legal obligations (such as reporting requirements).
3. What kind of information does SHOPPES collect?
SHOPPES may collect, store and use the following types of personal information about you:
- General information, as well as contact information – for example, your name, gender, telephone number, email address, physical address, and/or other contact details.
- Financial information – for example, your bank details, credit information and payment history.
- Marketing and communication related information – for example, your preferences regarding receiving marketing communications from SHOPPES and/or third parties; account information; correspondence details, if you have been in contact with SHOPPES's customer service; and/or other similar information.
- Technical data – for example, your IP address; login details; browser type and version; time zone and location settings; browser plug-ins; operating system, platform, and other technologies your devices may use to access the SHOPPES website.
- Usage data – for example, information about how you use SHOPPES's website, as well as your purchase history.
4. How does SHOPPES use your personal information?
SHOPPES may use your personal information to:
- Manage and fulfill its contractual and legal obligations to you, or to the company you represent – for example, when handling warranty claims.
- Meet its reporting requirements – for example, when following accounting rules and regulations, and submitting declarations to tax and other regulatory authorities.
- Answer your questions and inquiries.
- Validate the legal age requirement for online purchases.
- Determine, exercise, or defend its legal rights.
Processing of your personal data outside of legal or contractual obligations will be based on SHOPPES's legitimate interest in:
- Providing you with marketing related communications — in the form of newsletters and other publications via email or similar technology, and regarding SHOPPES's business, as well as general information that may be of interest to you.
- Analyzing statistical data to study how visitors use SHOPPES's website, in order to improve its features and services.
- Managing SHOPPES's daily business needs.
Your personal data will only be used for the purpose of which it was collected, unless SHOPPES reasonably believes that it may be used for any other reason that is consistent with the original purpose. If SHOPPES sees the need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, you will be notified before further processing of your data is conducted.
5. To whom does SHOPPES provide your personal information?
- To SHOPPES's service providers – for example, logistics, payments, marketing, and technical support, all of which may only process your personal data on behalf of SHOPPES.
- To the extent that SHOPPES is obliged to do so in accordance with applicable law.
- In connection with any ongoing or future legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend SHOPPES's legal rights.
6. Where does SHOPPES collect and store your personal information?
Your personal information and email address will be collected and stored in our e-commerce, mailing, and business systems.
7. How does SHOPPES protect your personal information?
SHOPPES will take appropriate security measures to prevent accidental or illegal loss, destruction, alteration, unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, your personal data. However, SHOPPES cannot guarantee full security for data sent over the Internet, since data transmission is in its nature uncertain.
8. For how long does SHOPPES save your personal data?
SHOPPES only saves your personal data as long as it is required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, or if it is required to comply with any form of mandatory storage periods, in accordance with applicable law.
9. What rights do you have?
9.1 Access to your personal data
Keep in mind that you may, at any time, request access to, and/or retrieve, information that SHOPPES has stored about you. You have the right to know what it has stored; to what purpose; and for how long it intends to save this information.
9.2 Corrections, deletions, and objections
You have the right to request that SHOPPES correct any incorrect information about you; delete information that is no longer relevant to the purpose for which it was collected; and/or opposes SHOPPES's processing of your personal data. However, certain legal obligations may prevent SHOPPES from immediately deleting specific types of information.
If SHOPPES has processed your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw said consent at any time.
9.3 Opting out of direct marketing
You always have the right to opt out of direct marketing, and to object to all processing of your personal data.
If you, as a customer, have consented to the use of your personal data for this purpose, SHOPPES will communicate with you by email in the form of email newsletters. You have the right to unsubscribe from SHOPPES's email communication at any time, by withdrawing yourself from our mailing list using the link provided at the bottom of each email and/or by contacting our customer service.
9.3.2 Social media
If you follow and/or interact with SHOPPES via third party social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok or Pinterest, your data will also be subject to the third party's personal data management and privacy policies.
You may, at any time, file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you consider SHOPPES to be in violation of applicable data protection laws with regard to your personal data.
11. Third Parties
12. Policy Updates
320 Boston Post Rd
Darien, CT 06820